Travel Tips for Lyric Theatre Brisbane
Located within the Queensland Performing Arts Centre, the Lyric Theatre Brisbane is the perfect venue to watch your favourite productions, dance performances or concerts. Productions held at Lyric Theatre are straight from Broadway, such as Mary Poppins, Annie and Jersey Boys – so it’s your perfect opportunity to see them while you are visiting Brisbane. If it’s your first time to the theatre complex, here are a few tips to make your visit a little easier:
The closest parking to the Performing Arts Centre is the Riverside Car Park, which offers drivers access from Melbourne Street or Stanley Place – as well as access through Russell Street (one-way). If you want to pay for parking at the time you purchase your ticket you can, and that will make things a little easier as you make your way to the theatre. It’s important to note that if you buy your parking ticket ahead of time, the Riverside Car Park is the only location in which you can use your parking pass. Other parking locations are located at the State Liberty of Queensland and the Queensland Art Gallery and Museum, which are both across Melbourne Street from Lyric Theatre.
Whether you want to enjoy a nice meal before a performance, or meet with friends afterward, there are plenty of dining options to fit your needs. They include:
- The Bar – A perfect spot to meet friends or enjoy a cocktail before or after the performance or event.
- Foyer Bars – These locations are ideal for grabbing a drink during a performance interval, or you can also stop by for a cocktail or beverage before a performance.
- Playhouse Coffee House – If you just want a little something to tide you over until the performance is finished, pick up a fresh snack or light meal at the Coffee House. Desserts are also served here.
- The Bistro – When it’s beautiful outside, the Bistro is a great spot to enjoy an inexpensive meal in the outdoors.
- The Café and Lyrebird Restaurant – Two delicious options if you want a quality, sit-down meal in the beautiful Centre.
Food options and parking are usually the two most important factors to think about when going anywhere, and there are plenty of options at the Lyric Theatre in Brisbane. Join friends and family at the Performing Arts Centre for a wonderful day out – or enjoy it while you stay in town during vacation.